Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums banner

Nike Boots Are the SHIIIIIT!!!!

14K views 50 replies 25 participants last post by  Slush Puppie 
#1 ·
So I recently went up to whistler and got to test out a pair of Nike Zoom DKs

Hoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomgawd.
:eusa_clap:
I've rocked 32 for a bit under a decade and have recently been looking for a change. I was intrigued by the Deeluxe line, and specifically the street.

Nike wasn't honestly even on my radar.

The Zoom DKs were SO light, SO warm, and just FELT SO GOOD!!
Words don't do it justice. That pinch in the heel, that robust snug fit, HOW F*KING LIGHT THESE GUYS WERE...

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Seriously, try them on...

Anyways...
Now I'm faced with a dilemma :icon_scratch:
Primarily a park/urban rider, I was wondering.
Anyone have any experience with The DK, The Kaiju, and the Force 1's?

College kid on a budget, I'm thinking the Force 1's, being Jed Anderson's boot, would perform just as well, despite being the lower price point...
Would I be right? :dunno:

Help me ouuuuut

See less See more
#7 ·
I was like you, loving the ZF1's when I first got them. Perfect fit and everything.

Then they packed out, and heel lift, and all sorts of sloppiness started happening.

Now I replaced them with Burton Imperials. Nikes are good initially, but the love gets lost after a while.

Also, after going with speed zone laces I'm never going back to standard laces. Soooo much faster getting from the parking lot to the chair lift... don't know why i took so long to switch over.

Glad you enjoy the Nike's though.

#9 ·
That's kind of what a sponsorship is for. If it's good enough for the pros then it's good enough for me sort of mentality. Where'd you learn business? They don't just give anyone decent boots because they're good. Other brands, the term is actually "brand ambassador"
So I'm not on Jed Andersons nuts. I just figure if a kid with game like that can use these boots then they should be fit for me.
Guess I'm wrong.

#10 ·
You are right in that they'd love you to think that. The reality is these gays can strap on an ironing board with hardboots and still make fools out of us. These guys by and large sign for the $ not because of any true belief in the product.

#11 ·
Hey Steezy, I've been curious: Is the liner lacing the same regular laces as on the outside on the Nike boots? It looked like that in an image I saw and I thought wtf? :icon_scratch:

Nothing wrong with it. I've just never seen that before.

#12 ·
Yeap. Nike uses the same laces in their internal harness as the outside, except it's always red. I have a pair of ZF1's and they use the same lace. If I wanted to I could inter swap them with each other. Also Nike has a weird inner lacing system that took me a little while to figure out. But once you do figure it out it's really easy to over tighten.

#18 ·
I have a pair of ZF1's and my experience has been positive.

When I first got them, the skate cuff was pinching a nerve in my foot (very, very isolated issue), but now that they've packed out somewhat, it doesnt happen anymore. I've also shredded one of the outer-laces after about 10 days, due to a defective lace-tightening mechanism; the internal metal piece exposed itself and shredded the lace. Good thing they came with backups.

This will be my 3rd season on them, but the last two seasons, I've only been out about 15 times each, so max of maybe 30-ish days. Used for everything: park, trees, back-country hiking, etc. My only real complaint is that they're not the warmest boots ever, but staying warm isn't too much of an issue for me.

For the price, I absolutely love them.

#19 ·
Got my ZF1 last year and absolutely love them. I wore them out and about for a good 2 weeks before the season started vs heat molding.

Still holding up extremely well, but starting to notice some heel lift. Maybe I just need to lace up better and keep them tighter. idk. Didn't feel like I had any problems with lift my first season.

Just curious...would a new after market insole reduce or eliminate heel lift in a boot?

#20 · (Edited)
I also noticed that the cuff on Nike boots sticks out pretty far and has that harness thing on it, too.
Have those affected the length of your ankle straps on your bindings?

As you already know, I'm also in for new boots now. I narrowed it down to size 13 and have tried on and love ThirtyTwo's Prion and Prion FT. Now I just can't decide which one to keep. :dunno:
Both of the lacing systems hold great and do not move at all. I've just ordered a pair of the FTs in 13.

Sucks because tomorrow I'm going boarding and I'll have to wear my old Ride boots with that nasty single Boa on them! Personally, I don't like that thing because I can only tighten it in one spot and it's easy for me to over-tighten it.

Glad you like your new Nike boots But don't those seem a little too expensive? I've seen the around $500-$600 and although they're good, they don't honestly look like they're worth THAT much. I think that's just Nike doing the sports brand thing where they put their logo on a product and that somehow shoots the value through the roof. :icon_scratch: Under Armour and some other sports brands also do that.
No offense to your new boots though!

#21 ·
Glad you like your new Nike boots But don't those seem a little too expensive? I've seen the around $500-$600 and although they're good, they don't honestly look like they're worth THAT much. I think that's just Nike doing the sports brand thing where they put their logo on a product and that somehow shoots the value through the roof. :icon_scratch: Under Armour and some other sports brands also do that.
No offense to your new boots though!
If you know the right places to shop you could get Nike boots for mad cheap. I'm a University Student so I don't have much of a budget. For example, I used to have the Vans Auras for like a week, until I had to return them cause they weren't the right size for me. The shop I returned them to didn't have my size so I just got a full refund and went shopping elsewhere. Next day my family and I go to the states for a shopping trip, and I planned on spending upwards of $300 for new boots. So the first store we went to was a Ross down in Seattle, and behold there was a pair of Nike ZF1s for $85:yahoo:. Shocked and surprised I tried them on and they fit perfectly. Story of how I got hooked on Nike and how I saved my self a buttload of cash.

Anyway, so I got my ZF1s for $85 and I recently bought my Kaijus for $200 (Muller Kaiju QS - totally worth it IMO:thumbsup:). So if you know where to look you could get things cheap.

#25 ·
i've had 2 sets of DK's i think the first ones with the patent leather psychedelic design, picked those up for $150 brand new. i got super lucky, i see them on ebay for $700+
those got worn out. i got those at the end of my 1st season 4yrs ago.
i picked up last yrs DK, i'm sure the tech is better. they are comfy as $hit. i'll stick with what i know..

#26 ·
you gotta let me know how that plays out bro...
This whole "turns to mush" idea is scaring me. But I can't get over how fucking comfy those motherfuckers were man!
Seems to me like it'd be worth it if I just got some aftermarket insoles you know?

#29 ·
I bought a pair not long ago and even since I got them I feel like I've been wearing heaven on my feet. They are so great! Nike has mastered look and function! They ride great and are so warm! 10 out of 10 from me guys!:eusa_clap:

#34 ·
Check if zappos.com has them. They have free return shipping so you can try stuff on. :thumbsup: That way, you could get a size 8 and 9 and try both, and then just return the wrong size.

If zappos doesn't have them, check if the Nike web store has free return shipping. ThirtyTwo did, so maybe they also do for their boots.

If you can get them from dogfunk.com, they'll let you have a free return shipping label for size exchanges.

#37 · (Edited)
I got my nike 2012 dk's last season for 200 Bnib.

I was riding salomon factions

I ride in L.A area so i dont worry about cold as much. or hardly ever actually like the rest or more of you guys.

but its my second season on them now riding pretty much just park (nothing really out here but park)

and i love them, their comfortable , snug, light.

Idk why but the solamons just felt a little too mellow for me.

#46 · (Edited)
Watch out for what bindings you have when you do buy Nike since Nike does not put backstays on their boots...especially some Burton Bindings and I only know from experience and I'm not saying there's anything wrong with Burton. The problem lies with the ridges at the bottom of the high backs that are supposed to grip to the backstays on the heel of the boots. Burtons have backstays as well as DC's on their boots and I'm sure some others do too...Nike, no...and those same ridges tore the shit out of the heels/back of my Nike Zoom DK's, these same comfy boots you are describing that I too love! It's not Burton's fault and at first I didn't know where the rub and wearing down was coming from until a Burton Techy filled me in and was very helpful. I do know the Missions and Cartels have the ridges and the Cartels are what I had, until I sold them and bought the Malavitas = no ridges, problem solved. But Nike boots, yeah, comfy and they just need to put backstays on their boots to protect and prolong their life. I can't wait until 2014 when their BOA line is released.

#47 ·
They run narrow?! You must have small, small feet...I wear a size 10 boot and have to wear Large bindings because of the wide width of my Zoom DK's. I have Forum and Burton Bindings and a Large binding fits a size 10+. A Medium binding on the high end is a size 11 and still would not fit these fat boots lol and I don't have wide feet naturally. Trust me bro, these are some of the widest boots on the market but they are comfy and I love my DK's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.