Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Are you sure ANYONE can learn?
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 08:04 PM   #34 (permalink)
jennifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthyc View Post
Leaning to snowboard at age 36 was far and away the most frustrating thing I have ever done. Many tears were shed! Trips to First Aid, Urgent Care and the ER were all part of my learning curve. I think I took 6 lessons total, and I was still a disaster. I got pissed and determined that snowboarding was not going to beat me. Now I LOVE it!

I will never forget one day my first season when I got stuck on a flat and had to unstrap and skate. I was so frustrated, cursing, on the verge of tears and this kid went gliding by me and said "it gets better". It really does. We all progress at our own pace so don't hold yourself to anyone else's standards. Just be patient and kind to yourself and if you are determined to get it done, you will!
Thank you so much! I am so glad to know I am not alone. I do love it, but it sure does have its frustrating moments. I plan on taking a few more lessons. Might even do one when we head to Tahoe the first week of Feb.
jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote