Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 1st time snowboarding didnt go so well
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 09:08 PM   #20 (permalink)
raven159

Quote:
Originally Posted by nread View Post
Ditto. I'm a board newb too, so take it for what it's worth, but as an active weightlifter and generally active person I can tell you to never underestimate the importance of rest. In the gym, you can get to a point where you are just overtraining and do more harm than good. I wonder: how long can you push yourself on the slopes before you're having to fight your fatigued, slow to respond, lactic acid laden, stiff and unresponsive muscle fibers? Sometimes it's just better to give yourself a few days of rest. Who knows, you might get back on the slopes and find that you were in your own way and a little rest gave everything you learned time to simmer.
As you become accustomed to the physical demands of snowboarding on a regular basis, your body will become stronger and the muscles used will adapt. Be patient, stretch, jump in the hot tub during the evening and before you know it, your body will no longer ache or feel sore from the activity. If you take long lay offs and then try to do 2-3 consecutive days of hard riding, your body will have to go through the whole process again and DOMS (delayed onset of muscle soreness) will set in again. Enyoy and have fun!
raven159 is offline   Reply With Quote