Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Are you sure ANYONE can learn?
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 09:20 PM   #42 (permalink)
retsam

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer View Post
My husband spends most of his time on single and double black diamonds. I dont know if I will ever get to the point of being comfortable doing that...but I certianly dont see it anywhere in the near future. He does his thing, I do mine...we meet for lunch. When I am doing a lesson he does have to stay on the easy terrain with my daughter (she is 7 and she loves to ski!). But otherwise I dont expect him to hang out with us when he could be up having fun. It would be nice when I get to do an actual run instead of the bunny hill if he would do 1 run with me every now and then though.
If you keep at it, I can say for sure that you will be able to make it down a black diamond. It looks worse than it actually is once you know how to link turns and control yourself. I used to fear the black diamonds until my friends forced me down one. I never thought I would make it either but now its nothing to me. Just keep at it, keep your knees bent and ride the board. Dont let the board ride you! . One day it will click and you will wonder what the hell you were doing this whole time! .
retsam is offline   Reply With Quote