Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Colorado Conditions, Meet ups and General Talk Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 10:36 PM   #371 (permalink)
AAA

After last year's dismal 2 month season, I opted NOT to buy a season pass for the first time in years. Last year's season can pretty much be summarized by one word, "mud". I'd wake up early on Saturday morning, check the on-line cams, and say, "Uh-uh, no way. Not worth the drive or trashing my gear." I lost my shirt on my season pass. I figure we are in for a short warm trend (at least), and this year has been no different. The mountain didn't open until after Christmas again this year, with 2 runs and 45 min lift lines. No thanks...even though I took off for a week's vacation.

I went kayaking on New Year's Day instead, and decided that I'd commit to more winter hunting outings instead of snowboarding. This past weekend, we took a family trip to the beach. Chilly, but it beat paying cash to ride in the mud and rain. I wish one of two things...that either we return to normal, cold winters, or we just warm up to tropical temps so I can rid myself of snowboarding torment... In 20+ years of snowboarding, these last two have been the worst that I can remember. I've been dying to order a new, custom board but just can't justify it now. My oldest has outgrown his snowboard gear. I'm not gettting him anything new this year either. I'm thinking I'd get more use out of a custom smoothbore or kayak at the moment. My kiddo's have other interests as well. Unless I time a snow dump with another trip out west, this winter will be the winter that wasn't.

"No thanks."

"Rather do this."

"Or this."

Last edited by AAA; 01-15-2013 at 07:02 AM.
AAA is offline   Reply With Quote