Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Canadian Rockies Condition reports
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 09:57 PM   #36 (permalink)
roremc
Veteran Member

Yeah the horse will do that. Best hill out there when the resorts are right. Love T2!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loves2splooge View Post
Kicking Horse was insane on Friday - I don't know if I can bring myself to ride sunshine again after that. In the morning there was still nearly 2 foot of powder in the tree runs coming off the stairway chair - we just traversed along the ridge from stairway and looped through the tree's and back onto the chair all morning. The White Wall hike was tracked in places but deep and soft - managed to do that twice and rode out to the gondola through the tree's - we couldn't believe that terrain was "in-bounds". Hardly anyone was on the mountain too.

They opened T2 in the afternoon after a lot of control - fresh tracks in there in the PM but we could only manage the hike once as our legs were about to fall off.

Finished off the day by doing a couple of loops from stairway and through the tree's.

I have to admit we were all defeated by the horse and left at 3.30 battered and bruised. I'm still hurting now but it was worth it - can't wait to go back.