Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Are you sure ANYONE can learn?
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 12:56 AM   #50 (permalink)
cocolulu

Jennifer,
It took me years to learn to snowboard, and I'm still not 100% sure I can say that I snowboard.

I used to go a few times a year, and each day I would come back so sore that it hurt to get out of my car.

I used to go just because I had friends who went, and I really liked being up in the mountains. It was hard on my body, but I wasn't hard on myself, and I had fun.

Then one day, something clicked. I made it down a green run without falling. I felt like, omg, I can do this. I was so hungry to get up to the mountain and practice. I kept on doing greens until I could take them aggressively.

Then I tried a blue run, and I was sloppy and terrified. I fell all the time again. I got really bruised. But I took more lessons, kept trying, and visited this website for tips and encouragement.

Really, it's physically one of the toughest things I've ever done.

But once you make it down a green, you'll feel amazing. Once you shred a blue run, you'll be zipping around all over the mountain, going up to the peaks, looking at the views. Be patient... it's a long, tough road. But it gets much easier later on once you're dialed in, and once you do, your problem will be an addiction to snow.
cocolulu is offline   Reply With Quote