Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2013 union binding >HELP<
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 03:00 AM   #91 (permalink)
scotty100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
I don't know if you have read the whole thread here or have been aware of other threads on this subject. It is by far a larger percentage of Union haters who have gone over the top with vitriol. If a couple of loyal fans have been a bit reactionary, it is a simple case of cause and effect. Most of what I see here is:

HATER: Union is shit! The ratchets are garbage
SUPPORTER: No! They work differently, you need to use them right.
HATER: You're a fanboy and suck Union dick
SUPPORTER: No! You're just a fucking idiot!

And it just devolves from there. Don't put all the stink on the loyalists; plenty of guilt to spread around.
+1...the union negativity does seem to be over-the-top. When you read some of the threads on here makes me think it's more personal bias than actual product design failure that drives the comments. After watching the union binding set-up videos on YouTube, which are so clear and to the point my old grandmother could set up a pair, I'm left scratching my head as to why anyone would struggle with the toe cap set up and the ratchets look pretty straightforward to release no matter how grippy they make them...which after experiencing my Rome bindings fall to bits after one day on the hill can only be a good thing...
scotty100 is offline   Reply With Quote