Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Looking for advice on boards.
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 05:10 AM   #9 (permalink)
ig88

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopeythatme View Post
Thats what I'm really asking.

Will having a rocker concave or something similar be more playful and have more wiggle room for not catching an edge.

If it will be the same thing, then I'll save my self a few hundred and keep the custom.
Once we frankly catch an edge, for most practical purposes, we have gone beyond the point of no return. I think beyond that point, no matter what type of board you are riding, you will eat it.

I confess I have not done thorough research on this issue. But may thoughts are that a rocker board should subject you to a lower likelihood of catching an edge.

This is not an insult. On the other hand, if you catch edges often when you are nowhere near playful, probably you need to take a closer look at your own techniques ...... which I do not believe is the real issue here.

Could you just borrow a rocker board off a friend or rent one to see if this answers your question? At least you do have to purchase a rocker board prematurely.
ig88 is offline   Reply With Quote