Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2013 Cartels size problem
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 04:11 AM   #1 (permalink)
dreampow
Veteran Member

Default 2013 Cartels size problem

Recently bought some 2013 resrticted cartels in Large.

I have rocked 2011 cartels for several seasons and like them a lot, they are also large and I am perfectly centered on the board using the bottom hole on the binding plate (closest to the heel).

That would be with size 11 burton rulers with shrinkage tech.

Problem is the 2013 adjustment holes are not as far from the center leading to less room for adjustment.

Burton recommends large for size 11 boots and there is nothing abnormal about my proto, its not wide or anything.

Here is the heel of my boot with my 2011 cartels from above.

You can also see the holes on the 2013 reflex binding plates verses the 2011.
There is a clear difference on the adjustment range.

Here are the 2013 cartels from exactly the same angle directly above the board.

As you can see there is clearly more boot visible, 2 centimeters to be precise and that means I am 2 centimeters off center.

So I am thinking I need to exchange for medium size bindings, I can't see another solution. That will mean I will be pretty close to maxed out on the straps and the gas pedal which is not ideal IMO.

If Burton recommended the mediums for 11s from the start I would not have to bother with the hassle of going back to the shop, its an afternoon wasted.

Not a big deal but heads up if you are a size 11 and looking at large burton bindings.

Anyone know of another solution?
dreampow is offline   Reply With Quote