Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Beginner snowboard invention
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 07:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Ian Rees

Default Beginner snowboard invention

I am involved with a company which has invented and, over the last two years, successfully developed a working prototype of the first truly dedicated Beginner Snowboard. We have had Tribologists look at it (i.e. Mechanical Engineers who deal in the science of interacting surfaces in relative motion and friction, lubrication and wear), been to Patent Attorneys for legal advice in respect of intellectual property protection and there has been progressive testing by qualified instructors riding it in the USA, Japan and New Zealand.

Trouble is, in approaching many snowboard companies who we thought may be interested in branding, manufacturing and marketing the Beginner Snowboard, we have found almost all of them will not sign a Confidentiality Agreement. From where we stand, we see a unique product and marketing initiative for the right snowboard company to take advantage. One aspect of adding this snowboard initiative to their product line is impacting brand differentiation from other companies in the snowboard industry. Another is marketing with competitive edge to snowboard rental companies where they provide a better snowboard in catering and hiring to beginners with their initial board riding needs.

Does anyone know of someone as an executive decision maker at a reputable snowboard company who they think might be interested and worthwhile dealing with? If so, could you provide us with their direct contact details (e.g email) or get them to contact me, Ian Rees, at francisrees@bigpond.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
N.B Please don’t bring our attention to any of the following companies :- Amer Sports (Atomic, Bonfire & Salomon), Automaton, Burton, Bataleon, Endeavor, Flow, Head, K2, Lamar, Mervin Manufacturing (Gnu, Libtech), Nidecker (Nidecker and Jones), Prior, Rome or Rossignol.
Ian Rees is offline   Reply With Quote