Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Heritage vs. Capita BSOD vs. Arbor Element CX
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 08:44 AM   #38 (permalink)
olas38

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkmoone View Post
All right. I've been reading a ton on these forums and elsewhere. I am looking to get myself a board and would love any feedback/input the forum members here have. What I would like to keep in mind is I want a board I'll be excited about 2-3 years down the road when I've got more skill, even if that means it takes some getting used to and is not as comfortable in the shorter term. Ideally I would demo them all, but 1. There aren't local shops that have demos for all of these and 2. I'd love feedback on boards that may not feel ideal now but I can grow into.

About myself:
This is my 1st year snowboarding. Have been skiing for around 20 years and decided to give it a try since my son's doing it and have been hooked . I've been up maybe 4-5 times so far this season so I'm boarding blues fine and will likely be going down blacks by end of season.

Ride style - I'm more of a freeride all-mountain boarder. Groomers, Powder (when its here), some off-piste eventually. I have fun with jumps and such but so far not doing a ton of tricks. May try the part one day but not a top priority of mine. Directional twin may be ideal, but I'm open to true twins or directionals as well.

Physical - I'm 6', 195lbs, with size 10 feet. (Already bought myself some Jackson BOA snowboard boots).

Location - Seattle Area. Mainly good old PNW heavy snow

Boards I've Been Considering:
  • Never Summer Heritage - Snowwolf's reviews are fantastic. Seem's like it could be a great board. Quality seems super. Camber/Rocker/Camber setup seems like it has some good advantages and Snowwolf rides in this neck of the woods. I'm also curious around the Legacy/SL boards if they may be better suited. Tough call.
  • Capita Black Snowboard of Death - Great reviews across the board from what I've seen. The Rocker/Camber/Rocker seems like it may be more suited for my level, but again I want something I'll love in the long run. (That's not to say this setup could't be that)
  • Arbor Element CX - I actually demo'd this board and really liked it. I also demo'd the Rossignol Angus and preferred the Arbor. Only boards to compare with though are the cheap rental Burtons.

If you have one of these boards I'd love your input/feedback based on what I stated above.

I'd also be interested in other suggestions I am maybe not considering. Next time I'm up I'll likely be demo'ing a LibTech TRS so I may throw that into the mix too.

Regards,
Darkmoone
Hello ! I have been snowboarding for 17 winters 80 to100 days every winter riding so many boards , Black snowboard of death ( capita ) 159 for you , will be fun ride and hold the pow and speed , and the flex is fun with in serious stability of speed runs , and the rocker-camber-rocker is the way to go , by now is good for you to ride direcctional flex and shape board so you can dominate the carving powder lines , after some years here jumpin to the twin like or true twins ... for freestyle park ( all mountain park board is what you need now , Not park- all mountain board ) see you out there ...you area is packed with powder snow ! you can fix the stance on your 159 thats it ! it willmake the job ... back all the stance use 56 / 57 cm/ pow, and up till 58 or 59cm stance in to the park , for stability on the trycks and 180's . 18 front and -9 in the back will cover all aroud style .
olas38 is offline   Reply With Quote