Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Season Ender
Thread: Season Ender
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 10:46 AM   #47 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
Eh I'm a fan of over shooting vs knuckling. I can 9 out of 10 times ride out an over shoot, but with a knuckle that's a day ender for me.
To be fair to Sam, there was no way he was going to get that board back down any. He slipped and slipped hard. Board was more than 90 degrees up in front of him and the jump was only a 10 footer so he wouldn't have had enough time even if he tried. It was doomed from the start.

I honestly was about to laugh at him because I was getting ready to hit the same jump until I saw him. I rode past the kicker and saw/heard that this was no longer a laughing matter.

Crazy thing is, I was more scared than him initially. Dude is so damn stubborn. I was yelling at him to quit fucking moving. Neck/back injuries necessitate you stay put or you risk further injury.

Anyway, I'm glad you're already discharged Sam. Like I said, don't be bummed about the kicker thing. None of us have to hit the park up and no, you won't be killing our stoke. 99.9% of the stoke comes from riding with you guys alone. The other .01% comes from the fact that I'm even able to be out there riding at all haha.

Also, in terms of speed checking, I was more referring to speed checking the first few attempts so you get to know the jump. Then you can just do your drop zone thing.

I do what Snowolf said though. I like to speed check at the top rather than change my drop zone. But right now, I still have a mental hurdle that's making me speed check too much.