Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Are you sure ANYONE can learn?
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 04:49 PM   #59 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifer View Post
I cant get up heelside. I have to flip over to front side to get up as well. I think for me part of it is that I still have some weight to lose, I dont yet have the strength to get my weight over the board and get myself up.
Hey Jennifer, can't remember from your previous posts, but are you doing a regular workout routine? It'll be really tough to get the basics down without the strength in the core and legs. Just thinking that may be holding you back... If you could either get to the gym or do these exersizes at home, it should be a good start.

- squats and/or leg press (squats are fine to start with no weight, then you can add weights later, or do jumping squats to increase the explosive force needed to pop off moguls/jumps etc.)
- core exercises: plank, back extensions, crunches, side crunches, etc. there are a million different core exercises so pick a variety and have fun with them
- calf raises: will help on your toeside and also with foot pain from weak foot muscles... Again start with no weight and then move up to dumbells or whatever hand weights you want to use

I'm the first to admit I DON'T do this stuff when I should, and I suffer every season because of it. Strong muscles will be able to do what your brain tells them to do!
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote