Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - What do you wear to stay warm? Tips/Lists
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 05:24 PM   #40 (permalink)

Thanks for the help everyone!

Originally Posted by RichnNorcal
Based on all the snow clothes you're wearing, I would be sweating. Are you sure you're not enemic? Maybe you need more Iron in your body. Like yourself, I was in Tahoe last week, the Temps were -5 F. I had no base layers on, was only wearing an insulated 2L jacket with 15K insulated pants. I was fine! You might want to tell your doctor about it....
I actually am a little anemic, but not alarmingly so.

Originally Posted by poutanen
Hopefully you find something that works for you! The base layers are really important, then gear that is fully seam sealed/taped to block the wind. Close fitting stuff actually seems to make me warmer than loose stuff.
I do think I need to invest in warmer base layers. I have a pretty thin top as a 1st layer, and I don't have base layer pants (though I just ordered that... hopefully that will help).

Originally Posted by Tbomb
LOL. Yeah I know. Honestly San Francisco is worse. During winter it's like... 55. During summer it's around 65. So we bitch and moan about anything outside that range. LA, it's like 65-100.
cocolulu is offline   Reply With Quote