Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - What do you wear to stay warm? Tips/Lists
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 06:24 PM   #40 (permalink)
cocolulu

Thanks for the help everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichnNorcal
Based on all the snow clothes you're wearing, I would be sweating. Are you sure you're not enemic? Maybe you need more Iron in your body. Like yourself, I was in Tahoe last week, the Temps were -5 F. I had no base layers on, was only wearing an insulated 2L jacket with 15K insulated pants. I was fine! You might want to tell your doctor about it....
I actually am a little anemic, but not alarmingly so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poutanen
Hopefully you find something that works for you! The base layers are really important, then gear that is fully seam sealed/taped to block the wind. Close fitting stuff actually seems to make me warmer than loose stuff.
I do think I need to invest in warmer base layers. I have a pretty thin top as a 1st layer, and I don't have base layer pants (though I just ordered that... hopefully that will help).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbomb
Californians
LOL. Yeah I know. Honestly San Francisco is worse. During winter it's like... 55. During summer it's around 65. So we bitch and moan about anything outside that range. LA, it's like 65-100.
cocolulu is offline   Reply With Quote