Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - What do you wear to stay warm? Tips/Lists
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 06:29 PM   #42 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowklinger View Post
I've said it elsewhere and I'll say it again people who use and recommend UA gear haven't used merino or other high end baselayers like Patagonia capilene.

Fitted and compression baselayers may make you feel and look like a gym rat in the lodge, but I've seen the light with true outdoor brands and materials. Looser is not only warmer, it also won't bunch up. Plus the good shit feels amazing too.
I'll call your bluff. I have worn synthetics and merino. Though I love merino wool products, the fact remains that they are on par with UA pricing, but are far more delicate.

And you guys act like every single UA product is compression. Compression isn't for everyone.

For you to sit there and act like UA cold gear 3.0 or 4.0 doesn't keep you warm signals to me that you have not tried them.

Again, Merino is awesome. If you go that route, make sure you always wash with cold water on gentle cycle and hang dry. Never toss them into the drier.

UA haters are like Burton haters. People hate the brand more than they do the product.