Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - What do you wear to stay warm? Tips/Lists
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 07:24 PM   #43 (permalink)
snowklinger
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
I'll call your bluff. I have worn synthetics and merino. Though I love merino wool products, the fact remains that they are on par with UA pricing, but are far more delicate.

And you guys act like every single UA product is compression. Compression isn't for everyone.

For you to sit there and act like UA cold gear 3.0 or 4.0 doesn't keep you warm signals to me that you have not tried them.

Again, Merino is awesome. If you go that route, make sure you always wash with cold water on gentle cycle and hang dry. Never toss them into the drier.

UA haters are like Burton haters. People hate the brand more than they do the product.
Cool I was hoping you would reply figured you have tried it all. I'll admit to being a UA hater It just comes off to me as one of those mainstream companies that has some definite functionality but mostly sells image, not unlike Apple which I have no love for either. I'm not afraid to admit that I'm biased or try to explain why.

Its not hard to imagine that it all works, I'm old like most of us, I remember wearing cotton longjohns hehe.

Yea the $$/durability issue with merino and even my patagonia stuff seems really delicate - is definitely easily overcome by other products.

Cheers.