Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Hovercraft-size...powder boards longer or shorter?
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 06:27 PM   #35 (permalink)
KIRKRIDER
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETM View Post
Watch those hovercrafts, the inserts are forward of the centre of sidecut radius. Unless you would set up a twin forward of centre Im not sure why anybody would want that on a powder board. Its a design flaw in my opinion.

As for riding like a bigger board, they dont have the effective edge of a longer board and the only way you can increase the surface area of the board is by width. So when you cut through all the hype its just a wide board.

You have to consider if you want something that will hold a good edge on the hardpack, a board with full rocker forward of the bindings is never going to be as good as one with camber out in front like mine does, then add the long powder nose and the board is getting long, theres nothing you can do about it.
If you value the performance on hardpack as much as you do in the powder you find yourself needing a longer board. If you are prepared to have a rocker board from the front foot forward you can basically start the rocker nose profile a lot earlier and end up with a shorter board like the hovercraft. But I still dont know why the inserts are forward of centre? Id love someone to explain that one.

No. I don't agree with you.

HC holds a carve almost as well as my cambered Arbor A-Frame. And that thing can carve ice if you want to. Besides you will need it just to cut the groomer to your next pow stash or lift. You ride a pow board on powder days right?

The nose floats on flat, I can't manage to get stuck with that board, and when all is done and slashed the bigger flexy nose smashes the slashed snow like an icebreaker. you don't even notice it even with tired legs.

I don't know why they placed the inserts where they did..ask Jeremy? I'm pretty sure he knows what he's doing..All I know is that rides like a dream.

Absolutely love the HC. Got it used from this forum... best deal ever.

Burton Driver-X
K2-Cinch-CTX
Subaru WRX 06

Last edited by KIRKRIDER; 01-15-2013 at 06:32 PM.
KIRKRIDER is online now   Reply With Quote