Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Shred in Japan
Thread: Shred in Japan
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 07:53 PM   #27 (permalink)
dreampow
Veteran Member

Yeah Ippy,
I know what you are talking about. We won't be hitting THAT run because its potentially lethal and one of the biggest problems is the number of people who don't have the skills or knowledge to be in there (not saying thats you, its as you say mostly young Japanese guys) . I have seen some absolute ridiculous stuff in there.

If the snow conditions are very stable its not that dangerous because of the abundance of small trees buried underneath the first 2 meters of snow. Lots of anchors. If conditions get bad it can slide for sure.

You are guessing right and I doubt we will do much you don't already know about on the tour. Maybe a few little pow stashes or lines you might not know that I have discovered in the last 5 years riding Nozawa. Its going to be mellow and sociable and I will have to adjust to the level of the worst rider in my group. At the moment it looks like 8 people (all Japanese) and we will probably do a few runs all together then split into 2 level based groups.
dreampow is offline   Reply With Quote