Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Cops shooting dogs seems popular in Denver.
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 08:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
RockyMTNsteeze

I have been charged a few times with my dog and other people's dogs. Best way to react is to stay calm. Most dogs are bluffing. I have found stray dogs separated from people are normally the least scary dogs. I think people's emotions are picked up by dogs.

My dog got into a mild scuffle once and was attacked by a much bigger dog that was on a leash. The scuffle lasted seconds and both dogs were off-leash. The attack was random and my dog was off-leash. He was right by my feet when this women walked by with an overweight akita. The akita is poorly socialized I see it sometimes. He is very aggressive and was on a flexi lead. He wants to attack and is not under good control. He grabbed my dog by his jacket and shook him while snarling.

I have never seen this in off-leash stray dogs or under voice control off-leash dogs. They either ignore us on walks or approach friendly. When I was charged I never felt I needed to shoot the dogs.

This dog in Denver was caught with a catch pole was not posing a threat anymore and was likely not when on the run. Tazing the dog and shooting her was not necessary, the public was safe.

IT AINT EAZY BEIN STEEZY
RockyMTNsteeze is offline   Reply With Quote