Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Are you sure ANYONE can learn?
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 09:20 PM   #70 (permalink)
chomps1211
Not quite reformed yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSteady View Post
If you can run, jump and your not too fat you can snowboard. It's easy but not so easy to the point where your gonna figure it out whether you want to or not. You have to want to learn to snowboard cause you think it's a fun way to exercise. The more you want it the quicker you learn. I desperately wanted to learn fast so I could keep up with my friends. Ended up taking me less than half the day to be linking turns down the steep grooms. Good patient fun attitude is the key...GOOD LUCK and ENJOY, ITS SUPPOSE TO BE FUN
I weigh 215, down from 315!! I'm 52 years old, been a smoker for 41 years! I can't run, jumping is too high impact for my bad knees and ankles! I Never skied, started snowboarding at 50 with arthritis, pernicious anemia, ADD, a bad back & a shitty attitude!! And at least three other members of this forum can attest to the fact that I CAN ride! and I'll go from first chair @ 9 am. to last @ 9:30/10 pm without spending any time in the bar!!! WTF do you know???

...and snowboarding is the most fun I've had with my clothes on!!! ( It's a close second to anything I've done nekkid!!)

2012/13 (48) days out!
2013/14 (44) days out!
2014/15

Last edited by chomps1211; 01-15-2013 at 09:26 PM.
chomps1211 is offline   Reply With Quote