Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Which companies (brands) have faster bases?
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 09:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
CK93

Default Which companies (brands) have faster bases?

Wanted to run this through here cause I never take the word of just one person.

I am currently riding the Lib Hot knife. I think it is a great board except that when I am flat running, it is not very fast. Only boarded on it 2 days so far, so it still has factory wax. I am going to have some pattern added to the base and new wax applied that the local shop here said will make it faster.

Talking to a few people there though, they told me that is the one thing about Lib's they don't like. They seemed to be in agreement that Lib's bases need to be faster. They also said that Burton has some of the fastest bases. (Even though one guy seemed to be anti-Burton, he said they are fast).

I do have a Burton Custom X as well and that thing is quick as hell when flat running. So part of me tends to believe this guys. Looking at getting a new board, but I would like one that has a faster base. I am liking the T Rice Pro, but hesitant, if it is as slow as my Hot Knife.

When I research, that seems to be something not mentioned much. Anyway, wondering other thoughts and rider's experiences on the subject?

Last edited by CK93; 01-15-2013 at 10:17 PM.
CK93 is offline   Reply With Quote