Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Protip: When you volunteer to drive, dont be a douche
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 02:20 AM   #27 (permalink)
IdahoFreshies
Land of the Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
I gotta agree with you here. It's just not that difficult. If people find the idea of this so difficult, they ought to try single pilot IFR shooting an instrument approach down to minimums in crowded airspace; been there, do that! You're flying the airplane to precise standards of speed, decent, course and altidue all the while reading your approach plate, talking to ATC, working the NAV radios and going through landing checklist all while fighting wind, rain and turbulence!

Texting, talking on phone, eating, etc while driving is child's play by comparison. It's really more about how, where and when you do your multitasking. I'm actually composing this post while at work driving a semi hauling fuel...LOL
haha thats funny as hell! I always wondered if you got bored driving a semi, so you just posted on here.

I bummed a ride down with this kid the other day, and he was tail gating the absolute fuck out of the car in front of him, and it was night time and still icy, and he would just ride up on him and slam the brakes and repeat. Honestly pissed me the hell off, but i held my tongue because if he is willing to let me bum a ride down i'm not going to tell him how to drive mom's honda pilot.

I always tell myslelf not to text while actually driving, it's just not worth it to crash and fuck everything up over a text, but honestly its not that freaking hard. I have had more close calls being distracted by shiny things on the side of the road than looking at a phone.

as far as the plane thing goes thought, you can look at the controls on a plane without a child running in front of you, or the plane in front of you slamming on its brakes, a lot less chance to actually crash into something because you aren't looking than texting in a car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredLife View Post
do they even make chaps with asses?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtonAvenger View Post
I think they call them pants
IdahoFreshies is offline   Reply With Quote