Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Suggestions on a trip to the Alps this spring.
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 09:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
JonesyMalone

Default Suggestions on a trip to the Alps this spring.

My GF REALLY wants to go to Europe this year, and I REALLY want to go snowboarding in the Alps. The trip is going to start Easter weekend, with Good Friday (March 29) being the first day we'll have for playing.

I'd love to hear some advice and/or resort suggestions from you folks.

Her interest is in learning to ski better (she's a beginner), and exploring the towns/mountains. She has no opinion on what mountain to hit. My interest is in-bounds trees, small cornices, and POWDER. I have no opinion on what country to hit.

So far I've looked into 3 resorts:

*Chamonix (France). She speaks French nearly fluently, and loves the culture. However, she's been there several times and will be there for work right before the trip so she'd prefer somewhere else. I personally don't care much for French culture - but I've heard amazing things about the mountain.

*Cortina d'Ampezzo (Italy). She is most interested in going to Italy- she's interested in the culture and experience. I've also heard that quality is lacking and that it's not a great place to ride as part of a vacation [from friends who recently did a trip to italy in the fall]. So I'm pushing against doing Italy on this trip.

* Arlberg (Austria). I feel most comfortable with Germanic culture because I speak the language and have spent some time in the region. I also hear the mountains are good, and I love the look of Tyrolian towns. She would also like to practice her study of the language here.

Thanks in advance!
-J
JonesyMalone is offline   Reply With Quote