Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Got Size 16+ Boots? (I have a solution for you!)
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 09:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
Big Foot

Exclamation Got Size 16+ Boots? (I have a solution for you!)

I wear size 16 shoe, and have been rocking a size 17 (they run a tad small) Ride Big Foot Boot since they were introduced a few years back. Like many riders that wear a Ride Big Foot boot, despite scouring the internet and even talking with Ride customer service, I have never been able to find a binding that actully fit them properly; until now.

With some collaboration with a local board shop employee, we were able to figure out that you can mount the heel strap extention of any 2012 Ride EX or LX binding to the toe strap extention connection point of any newer Ride Binding. What we did is took a pair of 2012 Ride Capo bindings, and ordered spare 2012 Ride EX heel strap extentions. We then removed the Capo's toe strap extentions and replaced them with the Ride EX heel strap extentions. We then had to get spare Ride EX toe cups to connect to the EX heel strap extentions. The reason for this is that the 2012 Ride EX and LX heel and toe extentions use a slotted strap with a twist clamp to lock the toe cups into place, while all other Ride bindings use a slider toe and heel extentions. Slider heel strap extensions are too large to fit through the toe cup connection point, so only the 2012 EX and LX slotted extentions will work. Once we mounted the EX heel strap extentions with EX toe cups to the Capo toe extention connection point, we swapped out the EX toe cap rachets for the higher quality Capo toe cap rachets, and voila; Ride Capo Bindings that fit a size 17 boot perfectly

Hopefully that explaination was clear enough. I will add pictures when I get home after work tonight, but in summary you need:

- Any newer model Ride Binding that uses a toe cup (I can confirm this will work with 2012 and 2013 models.
- Right and left 2012 Ride EX or LX heel strap extentions (can be ordered from ride; they might even send you them for free if you explain the situation)
- Right and left 2012 Ride EX or LX toe cups (can be ordered from ride; they might even send you them for free if you explain the situation)

If you need clarification on anything please let me know.
Big Foot is offline   Reply With Quote