Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2013 union binding >HELP<
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 10:12 AM   #94 (permalink)
Extremo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by East§ide View Post
heres my take :

for a binding specific company to have SO many issues and SO many complaints, it is clearly not the user who is at fault. While you could probably make a billion minute adjustments to somehow make the bindings work for you, the sad truth is that the same issues that were on the 2010, 2011, and 2012 Unions continue to appear on the newer versions. The toe strap is garbage..i stood in zumiez yesterday and compared it to every single toe cap they had..from ride EX's to burton citizen womens bindings..they were the floppiest, thinnest toe caps with the absolute least amount of friction-causing material on the inside of the toe caps. Holding them next to a pair of Burton Mission bindings, the Missions seemed better in literally every sense. I just wish that Union would take some feedback from their customers and make the simple changes that we're all hoping for.
You have so many complaints because such a large percent of the snowboard community is riding them. From my time on the hill, as well as my experience in this forum, I know more people riding Union than any other brand. I'm almost starting to notice more people ride Union than all other brands combined.

And 90% of the complaints are pathetic. 4-5 years ago they had a problem with their toe ratchets. They redesigned them. People didn't like the 2nd generation toe cap. They redesigned it. People wanted more dampening on the foot bed. They redesigned it. The complaints now are just from pathetic whiners. The bindings are great just the way they are.
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote