Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - NS Heritage vs Skunkape vs riders choice
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 10:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
MrRaD

Default NS Heritage vs Skunkape vs riders choice

hey i need advice in a new board.

6'0 tall
188lbs
12 boot
so i am looking to go wide.

i am a solid intermediate from NYC. so i mainly ride vermont or hunter mountain. but i go out west 2-3 times a season for 8-14 total big mountain days. been to kirkwood, whistler,squaw,mt. baker, cerro cathedral(argentina) and snowbird so you get an idea. did back country in argentina, but i'm not to big on it, but it is always an option if i'm with the right group. so i mainly ride groomers and enjoy nice controlled speed, which my 159 skate banana does not give me. i enjoy its playfulness. i previously owned a 157 skunk ape no banana which was my second board 3 yrs ago. this is my 5th season, it was a beast, and allowed me to ride hard and fast, but wasnt as playful. i want an all around board, so i can mess around with 180's no serious park riding, little hits off of rollers but nothing crazy. i'm keeping the skate, so i was wondering what would be the best for me as far as fast and stable yet playful on groomers with some deep powder days. the RC is an option too because i demoed it a few days ago in Baker for the hell of it and was pleasantly surprised.

any suggestions from the 3 would be awesome..

Riders choice 158w or 162w
skunkape 161
or NS heritage 159 or 163

im headed to alyeska at the end of Feb, and will do some snow cat so i want to be ready to carve..
MrRaD is offline   Reply With Quote