Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Cops shooting dogs seems popular in Denver.
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 12:45 PM   #17 (permalink)
MarshallV82
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf View Post
Couldn't pay me enough to live in Denver! Seems that city has big issues and is always in the news.

While there are a lot of horrible cops out there, I am unable to a "fuck the police" hater of them all. There are many decent people working in law enforcement and I have several friends who are cops.
I work with a Portland cop at the mountain and we have talked over beers about this issue. According to him, a huge problem has been these military guys coming back from Iraq and Afghanistan. The US military training along with their horrific experiences in urban combat has fucked them up in the head.

They come home, join the police force and can't adjust to American civilian law enforcement. They don't see us as people whom they serve and protect. To them we are all just "hajies" like the Iraquis and they see us all as potential enemies ready to kill them with an IED. Shred is right when he calls th cowards but most of them weren't originally; we turned them into cowards from 14 years of occupation of two countries in the Middle East. Like in the movie Forbidden Planet" these guys are our monster from the id.

The cruelty to animals by our military in Iraq has been well documented by all international agencies. Dogs in Iraq are routinely shot and tortured in horrific ways by American soldiers. Is it any surprise that when these guys come home and join the police force, they display such sociopathic behavior? It's going to get much worse before it gets better too I am afraid.

My cop friend is so sickened by what he is seeing and wants to leave the force. He doesn't for a couple reasons. One is that he is 7 years away from a really good retirement and secondly, like many goog cops who do it for all the right reasons, he can't bear the thought of what it will be like for all of us if all of the good cops with a conscience leave the force and all we have are militaristic psychopaths.

There is no way I can go down that "fuck cops" road. There are too many good guys out there and they deal with some horrible shit day in and day out!
I think that has a lot of truth to it, that would be the next step for someone who adores having power. There are some good ones out there but its few and far between. I know some back in SD where I'm originally from. They would let the folks know of my misadventures and gave me a hard time but never took it to a level that would ruin my future. I was pretty fucked up when I was younger.

I don't what I'd do if I lost my dog. Aside from snowboarding I spend every waking moment with him, I even take him to work. It's kind of twisted that I get more broken up about dogs being mistreated than people.
MarshallV82 is offline   Reply With Quote