Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2013 union binding >HELP<
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 11:53 AM   #105 (permalink)
UNION INHOUSE
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by East§ide View Post
i hope they dont slip..

also, the paint on my acid green forces is shot..the plastic is one color, the metal another, the leather another, the padding another..and the heelcup is all chewed up
These neon colors are very difficult to work with, especially green. It's impossible to perfectly match colors of fabric, injected EVA, painted materials, and pigment plastic injection. Why is your heelcup "all chewed up"?

For the record, we don't have an issue with paint quality. Bindings are painted 1 by 1, by hand, by humans. There will always be a few bad ones due to human error. If there is an instance where things are chipping beyond normal wear and tear, the person is always taken care of. It's probably less than 20 people a year.

People who are upset about scratches and chinks from normal wear and tear are going to be upset with any binding they buy. You ever heard of a kid trying to return a skate deck because it got scratched up? It happens.

Yesterday I started having a problem with one of the doors on my car. I googled it, and found a forum for my exact car. Lots of people had the same issue, and several of them were pretty mad about it. "They've been making cars for 100 years - how can they screw up a door latch?" That's when I realized that the only reason any of the posters on there was due their specific problem with the door. There are probably millions of those cars on the road, and maybe .001% of them had this specific issue, yet the casual observer would assume this is a major problem, and a recall is in order. Same deal here. We sell a lot of bindings, and have less than 1% warranty return rate. That's the main reason Union has had success. 99% of snowboarders will take durability and safety over anything else. Taking care our customers has also been one of our main strengths since day one.

Thanks for reading, and go have FUN.
UNION INHOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote