Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Official Michigan Winter Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 11:57 AM   #2653 (permalink)
sabatoa
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper View Post
Hello fellow Michigan riders. Obviously I am new here but wanted to say hello to you all. I'm west of Lansing but usually ride Caberfae or Crystal since my wife and I are originally from that area.

I am also a noob rider and only started a couple of years ago. I try to get out at least every other weekend (when weather/children/wife/other numerous responsibilities permit). I was stupid enough to hit Caberfae this past Sunday during the freezing rain they had and though it was pretty tricky riding, it was fast and fun.
Hey, welcome to the forum. I'm a Lansing rider and this was my third season. Caberfae was my go-to the first couple of years also. It was cheap and I had lots of fun there. I never made it out there this season though, I ended up buying a pass to Boyne so that's where I usually went.

If you or the kids are interested in park riding, check out Hawk Island Snowpark in Lansing. They have stuff for beginners through advanced riders.

Celebration Cinema is showing Art of Flight 3D for a one time showing in Grand Rapids, they'll only do it if their demand is met. Looks like they need 60 more people. If you're interested, reserve a spot. THey won't charge you if they don't meet the goal.

Tugg - The Art of Flight: 3D in Grand Rapids, MI on Thursday, January 24, 7:30pm
  • Mt Holly: 1
  • Mt. Brighton: 1
  • Caberfae Peaks: 1
  • Crystal Mountain: 2
  • Bittersweet: 1
sabatoa is offline   Reply With Quote