Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2013 union binding >HELP<
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 12:09 PM   #108 (permalink)
UNION INHOUSE
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by East§ide View Post
I can totally appreciate where you're coming from and you make a fair point. You have to remember that your 1% warranty return rate has other factors involved - for instance, for me, i wouldve dont the warranty return but I cant wait 2-3 weeks for my bindings to come back to me from Seattle. Also, many people probably find a fix to the issues themselves rather than look for a warranty - similar to what you did searching on google. I'm not saying you make a bad product, but anyone would agree there is always room for improvement and the issues that I've had seem to echo others problems as well.
I can understand how difficult it is to match that green in multiple different materials, but as time has gone on, you can definitely see that the plastic has faded to a more yellow color, as have the perforated leather straps. That's okay though, cosmetics are secondary and anything that gets that much use is going to take a beating, especially outdoors. I don't know why my heelcups are all chewed up..I'm far from a pro rider, but I don't spend much time falling down either..
Id really love to say at the end of the everything that I was able to make the Unions work and that in the end I was happy with them - that'd be my ultimate goal. Not to complain, but to get the product that I'd heard about and hoped for.
Well, let us know if we can help with anything.

Just FYI, we normally just ask for a photo of the issue. That way you aren't waiting for FedEx to drive back and forth across the country.

Also, every single Union dealer is given FREE spare parts kits. These kits have buckles, heelcups, ladders, all hardware, forward lean adjusters, toe straps, ankle connectors, and probably a few other things i'm not thinking of. They are asked to take care of ANY Union customer, regardless of where the bindings were purchased.

So, long story long... If your heelcup is not properly working, call us for a new one, or go in your local shop. Either way, you won't miss a day on snow.
UNION INHOUSE is offline   Reply With Quote