Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - The Not Quite "North" Northeast Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 02:10 PM   #17 (permalink)
brucew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowRock View Post
Might have another chance for a little more friday as well. Either way, temps have been good and I would expect guns have been going strong.

edit: Brucew just realized you said you were at Elk. Were you up there Saturday or Sunday? I may want to head up that way this weekend since they are usually lighter on the crowd size but worried about how it might look after the "thaw" Snow making up there is quite as robust as other places .
I was there on Saturday. The snow was a little wet but still good. The coverage was good on most of the mountain, there were only a few areas where it was getting thin and you could see dirt poking through.

It was absolutely beautiful in the morning, the summit was above the cloud level, the only thing you could see was a couple other peaks in the distance. This is a shot from the riders left of the mountain right above one of the black diamonds. Pretty epic dropping into it

here's a shot from the lift...it only stayed like this for about a half hour before there was fog everywhere
brucew. is offline   Reply With Quote