Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Flow Binding 2013 Q & A
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 02:14 PM   #342 (permalink)
lonerider
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonerider View Post
Hey, I spent the weekend trying to adjust my NX2-AT size medium to my Nitro Team Size 8 boots. I am new to actually using FLOW bindings so bear with me if I missed something obvious.

So I had what I assume is the standard problem of adjusting the power cuff such that it was easy to step into the binding... but still was some what attached to my boot when riding. It seemed if I were to adjust the binding and rachets on each side of the toe and ankle strap so there were just snug... then kicking my foot in enough so my boot heel was clear of the lowered highback was very difficult. I ended up just loosening the powercuff a bunch of clicks on the rachet side so I could step in easier, flip up the highback and then racheting down the cuff until it just barely touched my boot. This kind of worked although it wasn't ideal. Also the highback was still being crushed into the back of my boot (I could feel my achilles tendon being pinched through my boot and my whole foot was being push forward... such that my toes felt crushed into the front of my boot by the end of the day).

My only thoughts were maybe I need to either exchange for a size Large (Medium was sizes 6-8 and Large was size 8-10) or... I need to leave the power cuff loose on entry and assume that my boot will eventually slide forward into it after riding a few minutes???).

Any help would be appreciated... let me know if you want photos/video
I figured a video would be even better than photos. Sorry for the delay, I took an extra day to wait until I had time to shoot during the day when there was better lighting. The video has two video sequences of my trying various ankle/toe strap adjustment, I made the second sequence after reviewing the first and realizing the the boot might not slide forward enough if the toestrap is too tight.

Here is the photo of the the strap setting on the other side.

Does this look about right? Do you think I should exchange for pair of large bindings (I don't know, but it seems like Nitro Teams are a bit bulkier for a size 8 boot).

Thanks!
lonerider is offline   Reply With Quote