Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - labral hip tear anyone?
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 02:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
mixie
Veteran Member

What did you do to injure yourself? Labreal tears are more felt in the joint itself and the groin (I thought)

I have really messed up hips, I used to be really flexible as a kid and waaay over did the crazy splits and crap. I did matial arts and attemtped to dance not to mention other stupid shit. As an adult I made things much worse running--I ran for the last time in 2007 I when fucked my shit up for good during a half marathon lol

anyway, do your hip joints click or lock up? Or that have "snapping" feeling if you do leg lifts? Do you get pain when putting all your weight on one leg? Like excruciating "Id die if the house was on fire cos I can't walk" pain if you sit cross legged too long?

You have a few options for most hip injuries. Drugs Physical Thearapy and last resort hip resurfacing (Im hoping to avoid that but it aint looking good)

In the mean time be careful and don't do things that exacerbate the problem. Like for me that means no running, no cross legged sitting and I do yoga. It helps.

Last edited by mixie; 01-16-2013 at 02:32 PM.
mixie is offline   Reply With Quote