Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Flow Binding 2013 Q & A
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 05:15 PM   #348 (permalink)
eelpout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaus View Post
I had my first outing on my NX2-AT...

Piece of advice for making kicking in easy, make sure the highback is completely extended down. If its up a little bit, the strap wont be fully extended and makes it tougher to kick-in.
I have XL NX2-SE's (w/Hybrid PowerCap and toe thingie) with Vans Contra boots (size 46) on a LibTech Jamie Lynn Phoenix.

I'll second that about the highback! Though even with it all extended, I find I have to refit the toe cap on *every re-entry*. But I'll take that slight annoyance for the flexibility of getting in sitting with my butt on the snow if I need to. Missed that with the regular Power strap.

The one thing I'm noticing though is there is more chance for the boot not being in the same place on the foot pad; I find more tendency for the boot placement to shift on entry than with regular the Power strap. I'm not sure if this is because I need to readjust the toe strap each time or what.

It's definitely a different feel than the regular Flow Power strap, it feels a bit more secure. My Vans boots fit better too with the new N.A.S.T.Y. setup, with less scraping of the heel than before.
eelpout is offline   Reply With Quote