Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Powder resorts?
Thread: Powder resorts?
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 05:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
redlude97
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowderMonkey View Post
I'm not talking ungroomed all the time. I just mean right after a storm/fresh snow comes in. Leave the fresh stuff alone and then groom at the end of the day. You're telling me that those resorts in VT groom every single green run; in the morning right before opening, after a big overnight dump? In other words, NEVER having any fresh powder? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

I'm a beginner rider. Don't really want to go on double lack trails. I don't feel like leafing it the whole way down. Want to stay safe and have fun.

I have sooo much fun riding on greens in powder. I just take it easy. It's so much more fun than groomed stuff. It's like your carving in the clouds.
Yes. Even out west here they groom every green and almost every blue run after snow. Why wouldn't you? Those runs are for people learning still and powder in general isn't conducive to learning and lead to people getting stock on gentle flats. If you want to ride powder, learn to ride blacks, trees, or hike.
redlude97 is offline   Reply With Quote