Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Which companies (brands) have faster bases?
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 06:24 PM   #20 (permalink)
cjcameron11
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSteady View Post

Let me explain this to you instead of arguing in one line sentences like yourself my friend.
What your saying is like saying how big a car is, is more important to its movement then it having spinning wheels.
Yeaahhhh no, thats not what i'm saying, poor analogy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSteady View Post
Although I'm in no way saying surface area and size donesn't matter, I'm just saying nothing's moving with much speed on snow with out something to help break friction touching the the snow.
Actually i believe that is what you're arguing.

Anyways, after your poor attempt at being sarcastic listen up and you might learn something. Yes wax will make a board go faster than one without, BUT the biggest difference (and my initial argument) to speed on two same sized boards waxed with the same wax would be surface area in contact with the snow. Thats called friction, or drag, and if you have a custom x vs a lib btx or c2 etc which has more contact points on the snow while flat basing then yeah, it causes more friction and drag, hence slowing you.

Case in point is why alpine racers use narrow, cambered boards, with less base contact with the snow, if banana profiles were faster they would be using them.