Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Which companies (brands) have faster bases?
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 06:59 PM   #21 (permalink)
redlude97
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSteady View Post

Let me explain this to you instead of arguing in one line sentences like yourself my friend.
What your saying is like saying how big a car is, is more important to its movement then it having spinning wheels. Like wax the wheel was the incredible invention that kept momentum and gained speed down hill. How is a vehicle suppose to break friction and gain speed at any size without spinning rubber tires are the equivalent to your wax on your board. This is the only thing for the board that's touching snow to start breaking friction and carry speed. Whether you push a large or a small object down hill they will both have the ability to move very fast with spinning tires on axel on ground or surface wax on snow. Large or small a snowboard with a sweet wax job will fly. Take the Wax off a board or remove tires from a vehicle, no matter what the size it is, it will barely move.
This is why Snowboarder's and Skier's have what are called wax techs not board size techs. Although I'm in no way saying surface area and size donesn't matter, I'm just saying nothing's moving with much speed on snow with out something to help break friction touching the the snow.
Except you are wrong. Maybe try this. Ride a 150 and a 160 of the same board and straigtline it. Which one do you think will be faster? Even the 160 without wax will likely be faster than the 150 with wax. The gains from waxing in most conditions are marginal.

As to which boards have the fastest bases? IME Bataleon TBT bases are the fastest. Not because of material but because of the camber+TBT. Almost no drag in the snow=straightline rocket.
redlude97 is offline   Reply With Quote