Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Burton Restricted Mission bindings - bad ratchets?
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 09:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
tokyo_dom

Default Burton Restricted Mission bindings - bad ratchets?

So after deliberation on what bindings to get to match my Burton Ambush boots (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/bin...-bindings.html), I found an affordable set online Burton Restricted Mission bindings online, and so i went with them. I am using 2012/2013 Burton Ambush boots (Size 9) with 2012/2013 Restricted Mission bindings in size M

They arrived last night and to be honest i am quite disappointed. The supposed "perfect boot fitment" is not there; the highback is nowhere near the back of the boot (canted highback means they are at an odd angle compared to the boot); the heel cup is not exactly snug and the ankle straps appear to be on an odd angle (though they do hold the boot in)

But the biggest complaint is with the ratchets. These are my first 'decent' snowboard boots (prior to this i had 2 no-brand bindings, and some salomon speedfit bindings), and this is the first time i have not been able to decently tighten the bindings before the ratchet slips. And it makes an ugly slipping sound when it does. The toe straps seem to be the worst, and at the tightest it will go i can still lift the toe around 1cm/0.5" off the board

Is this just how 'decent' metal ratchets are supposed to be? Do other manufacturers make better ratchets?

I can already see some damage on the teeth of the straps, after having tightened the bindings twice. They were are brand spanking new but i dont see myself getting 2-3 days out of these before i need to return the straps for replacement.

Should i try and sell these and get some Ride/Union bindings before i do anymore damage?
tokyo_dom is offline   Reply With Quote