Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Burton Restricted Mission bindings - bad ratchets?
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 09:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
tokyo_dom

Hmmm, perhaps i am trying for something too tight - all my bindings until now have been the oldschool over-the-toe type so i am just getting used to this toe cap thing. I just know i will get snow packed in that gap that i get (maybe thats supposed to happen?)

The bindings were brand new, all the mounting hardware was unused and there were no marks on them until i got into it . I bought them on an Auction so it was from an individual, but it came with a valid warranty card from 24th Dec (unwanted xmas gift i guess), and the shop is near me so i am good for warranty

As for the highbacks, i guess i could adjust the forward lean. I was just expecting a "like a glove fit" since they are both burton, same season, similar level. The main reason for the gap there is the canted highback. The boot sits straight up where the highback is leaning off to the side. Even when strapped into the board, i had to use a fair bit of inwards pressure to get the boots to line up with the highback.

I think i will bring them to the shop that sold them and ask them to check if the freeplay/fitment/ratcheting is right. Perhaps i did get dodgy bindings (i noticed that the left side, toe ratchet loses traction much quicker than the other 3 ratchets - which is bad, because i ride goofy (thats the side that will get the most loosening/tightening action.

If they say the ratchets are as they are supposed to be, i think i will put them up for sale. They are only 300g lighter than my old bindings (Salomon speedfits), and they just dont feel as good as i was expecting them to (would feel ripped if i had paid the $390 that these retail for here!)
tokyo_dom is offline   Reply With Quote