Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Which companies (brands) have faster bases?
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 11:07 PM   #31 (permalink)
CK93

Cool

Got some good reading here. Thanks all for the suggestions. I looked at the Bataleon site. They look very interesting. Haven't heard much about them though. Maybe I can find a demo. I would be interested to see how they ride.

But yeah, to give a little background. I bought the Custom X. 2 days up and I soon learned that board is very advanced. (and it lets you know it).

I was a pretty good rider for the 20 years. I could hold my own. But I had 2 leg surgeries and 2 back surgeries recently and have been out of boarding for 5 years. I had to let my body completely heal. This is my first year back into it.

I bought the Custom X cause I was used to full Camber and thought it was a good board. It is a great board, but learned I have lost a lot of skill and my body is older. (learned my lesson to not get such a high performance board of the bat as I am re-learning) I wanted to try this new hybrid style of board so I got the Hot Knife as a starter to help get used to try a full hybrid.

Doing more research, I don't know if a full hybrid is what I want or not. (yes I have read a lot of camber vs hybrid reviews) Still trying to a find a real good fit to what feels good for me.

But I can tell you what I do want is a board with a little faster base so I don't have to unstrap and push my board when I hit flat spots, that has happened a few times with my Hot Knife. I am not disappointed with the Hot Knife. I am going to give it a good waxing with some high speed type wax and see if that does the trick.

But I still haven't found the board I am totally happy with. When I hone my skills more, I will go back to my Custom X, but still looking for the board that puts a total smile on my face, and, I do like trying out different boards so when I do get the board I am going to stick with for while, I know its the best choice for me.

And yes I do read all the posts. It helps give me a sense of what works best and gives me more stuff to research--I am a research junkie. Plus its fun to watch people go at it! ..... haha

Last edited by CK93; 01-16-2013 at 11:13 PM.
CK93 is online now   Reply With Quote