Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Which companies (brands) have faster bases?
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 11:19 PM   #32 (permalink)
RockSteady
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK93 View Post
Got some good reading here. Thanks all for the suggestions. I looked at the Bataleon site. They look very interesting. Haven't heard much about them though. Maybe I can find a demo. I would be interested to see how they ride.

But yeah, to give a little background. I bought the Custom X. 2 days up and I soon learned that board is very advanced. (and it lets you know it).

I was a pretty good rider for the 20 years. I could hold my own. But I had 2 leg surgeries and 2 back surgeries recently and have been out of boarding for 5 years. I had to let my body completely heal. This is my first year back into it.

I bought the Custom X cause I was used to full Camber and thought it was a good board. It is a great board, but learned I have lost a lot of skill and my body is older. (learned my lesson to not get such a high performance board of the bat as I am re-learning) I wanted to try this new hybrid style of board so I got the Hot Knife as a starter to help get used to try a full hybrid.

Doing more research, I don't know if a full hybrid is what I want or not. (yes I have read a lot of camber vs hybrid reviews) Still trying to a find a real good fit to what feels good for me.

But I can tell you what I do want is a board with a little faster base so I don't have to unstrap and push my board when I hit flat spots, that has happened a few times with my Hot Knife. I am not disappointed with the Hot Knife. I am going to give it a good waxing with some high speed type wax and see if that does the trick.

But I still haven't found the board I am totally happy with. When I hone my skills more, I will go back to my Custom X, but still looking for the board that puts a total smile on my face, and, I do like trying out different boards so when I do get the board I am going to stick with for while, I know its the best choice for me.

And yes I do read all the posts. It helps give me a sense of what works best and gives me more stuff to research--I am a research junkie. Plus its fun to watch people go at it! ..... haha
HAHA, I'll trade you, I'm a board rep
Send me that (if it's in good shape) Custom X, and I'll send you any Rossignol brand new hybrid board that is fun to learn on but can do anything.
RockSteady is offline   Reply With Quote