Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - 2013 union binding >HELP<
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 12:02 AM   #114 (permalink)
Mfoehrkolb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdog42 View Post
Nope. The metal components look like they're painted with an enamel. It's a gloss finish on the DLX and a matte finish on the Force. There doesn't seem to be a clear coat on them, which would help protect the paint. I think that that's all Union's missing.

The paint on mine has held up great besides a little scraping on the corners of the heel loops (where they've contacted the snow over time) and on the lower edges of the toe ratchets. That was after a whole season of using them, so the paint itself is pretty durable. It would last longer though with a clear coat, unless they already have one and I just haven't noticed.
--- Think im going to open up shop to snowboarders and start powder coating bindings any color they can come up with and or basecoat/clear coat the color of their choice.

I still find it hard to believe they use a basic enamel paint job on them. Makes sense though since its very cheap.
Mfoehrkolb is offline   Reply With Quote