Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Nakiska w/ Hardbooters
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 12:26 AM   #12 (permalink)
poutanen
Reformed Creep-o-saurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixie View Post
where are the LL pics?
Don't have enough good stuff to make it's own thread... So here it is! I made a video too but it's almost 10 mins long and will probably bore people to death. Post it anyway?

The GF is centre of this pic, coming down a set of moguls to the top of the world chair.

Looking back at one of the chutes my buddy and I just came down...

It was my buddies first time on a 45 deg slope, he was nervous at the top but did fine! And he's the one that hucks himself off kickers in the park like it's easy or something...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAA View Post
Haha, Long time hardbooter here. Looks and sounds like you had a good inauguration! The last alpine "event" I attended had a few softboot riders in the fray, too. It was all good. You've probably figured out the reason for our passion...craving the crazy G-force, insanely tight carves, speed, precision, catapaulting from edge to edge, and loving the strenuous input, almost like fighting for your life. Unfortunatlely, there's no sensation quite like riding an alpine snowboard...other than riding an alpine snowboard...though a ride in my neighbor's Lamborghini Gallardo came close. (Yeah, I have fun neighbors.)

If you had a good time, see if you have the same foot size as one of the riders and if they'd let you try their setup the next time you head out with them. Jump in any clinics you can attend, too. GOOD instruction is priceless...and MUCH harder to find as you become more advanced.
Yeah thanks man! They were all very open about loaning gear if I ever wanted to try out. I honestly think I'd get bored stiff in hardboots though. I love carving a good line, but 75% of my riding is off-piste... And there are places I go where I'd be scared shitless to take a long board with hardboots into!

One day I may get into but I don't see it happening any time soon for me.

Oh yeah, I had an R1 and got bored on it! lol Wanted a dirt bike or a quad instead...

Last edited by poutanen; 01-17-2013 at 12:28 AM.
poutanen is offline   Reply With Quote