Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Learning to snowboard
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 05:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
sweeney017

Hey Amy!
I am from BC and I could not agree more (most beautiful place) All the mountains I have been to here in BC offer fairly good lessons. My recommendation is to take a few lessons until you get the hang of it then just practice on your own. Once you have the basics down you should progress fairly fast. My buddy and I taught his girlfriend last season and by the end of the season she was almost keeping up with us, which isnt bad seeing as we ride about 4-60 days a season. If you are going to go for 10 days or so you should be able to pick it up really quickly as you are boarding every day. The fact that you do other board sports will help with the learning curve and you should be able to pick it up quicker. Where in BC were you thinking about going? The best advice I was given and I will pass it on to you is not to get discouraged... you will be sore from falling and using muscles you never knew you had, but just keep on going and you will get it. Cheers!!! I hope this helps