Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - riding switch
Thread: riding switch
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 07:08 AM   #28 (permalink)
rasmasyean
Veteran Member

Well, my story is I rode regular and was able to do double black diamonds my second time snowboarding. Not really fast, but maybe fall only 20% of the way? I took me so much more switch riding I lost count before I can do double blacks. I think like snowolf says, you pretty much are imprinted with your usual riding. Then when you do switch, it feels really arward and scary. Not only muscle memory, but just looking in that direction and having a blind spot on the opposite side is really weird and you just have to force yourself to do it.

Now, to date, I prolly logged more switch than regular because I use it to "save energy" for doing hard stuff regular when the opportunity arises. But STILL if I had to guess, my switch is 80% as good as regular!

But I would agree somewhat on the front foot weighting. That's one way to keep your stance switch and not reverting when you don't want to. It's a matter of conciously doing it to break that habit before you body will get used to switch.

Last edited by rasmasyean; 01-17-2013 at 07:12 AM.
rasmasyean is offline   Reply With Quote