Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - What do you wear to stay warm? Tips/Lists
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 07:09 AM   #58 (permalink)
Tarzanman
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocolulu View Post
The snow has been GREAT up in Tahoe recently, but it also means that it has been downright frigid

On a couple of chair rides, it actually started to become a problem, because I was shivering so badly on the chair ride that I could barely manage to ride off the lift.
With me, it is usually a question of dressing for the lift and wearing too much for the slopes (and sweating), or wearing a tad too little for the lift and freezing in the wind on the way up.

If you are shivering that badly on the lift then you might want to bite the bullet and try one of these:
Core Heat Vest Liner - Gerbing's Heated Clothing
You could flip it on for the ride up the lift and then turn it off after you reach the top.

I've never used the battery powered liners, so I don't know how quickly they heat up.

Their motorcycle jackets and liners work great, though.
Read on another forum: "If someone held a gun to my head and said, "You have to move to Salida tomorrow", I'd probably do it. If they told me I had to go to Breckenridge instead, I think I'd just let them pull the trigger."
Tarzanman is offline   Reply With Quote