Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Never Summer Proto Ct Sizing
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 08:42 AM   #26 (permalink)
Extremo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockpen View Post
I read so many reviews about how well it held up at speed, which is why I bought it. But I just don't agree, I tried everything including moving my weight more forward, backwards, squat more, stand more etc, etc,. The only thing that really helped was detuning the tip and tale which I found to have too much bite causing extra chatter. Even though it helped a little it's still sketchy at high speeds unless your on perfectly smooth groomers. Any type of bump gets magnified on this board and I find myself popping off of small little bumps that I should be crushing through. I don't know how fast I go because I was never clocked and I don't really trust those GPS tracking apps for speed accuracy but my app says I ride around the 55-60 mph range. I have gone a lot faster on my premier, but the proto is not a free riding stick. But for me it's not really all mountain either. Although I will say its really fun in fresh pow. Again just not too fast.
I made the same mistake. I expected the Proto to ride like camber, but I quickly realized it doesn't. It's a rocker and it rides like one.

I typically ride my misfit (camber and on the stiffer side) at 50 +. I took out the proto on the same slopes to see how it compares and it doesn't come close. Where it does beat out the misfit is in the park. It's more playful and pressy and I have no problems at sub 30mph speeds, which is probably what the average snowboarder stays around.

The main selling point of the NS hybrid profile is it adds edge stability that other rocker boards don't. Which I find to be precisely the case.

I'd like to see how the more all mountain oriented boards in the line stand up to traditional camber, but I have yet to ride them.
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote