Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Which companies (brands) have faster bases?
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 10:09 AM   #41 (permalink)
BigmountainVMD
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Anyways.......

Based on my experience, the lib tech factory wax fades quick, and is not as fast as a simple all temp. I used Hertels Super Hot Sauce or Swix and the results were not off the charts, but were substantially better.

That man made stuff will grind most wax off your base pretty fast. It is very abrasive. Sintered bases are much faster when waxed than extruded bases, so maybe a nice hotwax is all you need. Nothing fancy, just a good all temp.

In addition, the Hot knife is C3 camber dominant banana, so only a slight bit of rocker compared to other hybrid boards. I don't think the hybrid nature of the board will slow you down that much, if at all. Also, the base is the same as the T. Rice, which is C2 with more rocker... I have one and can fly no problem.

If you have been out of the game for awhile with serious injuries, I doubt you are straight-lining runs... so base seems to be less of an issue. What I CAN imagine you doing as a previously injured rider out of the game for 5 years would be just trying to make some nice turns at medium to high speed. This, coupled with not riding any of the new "wavy edge tech" released over the last 5 or 6 years, I can TOTALLY see you thinking the board is slow ON EDGE, but I'm not so sure about the base. Slow while carving (on edge) was my first impression of riding a magnatraction board 3 or 4 years ago. I liked it though, cause I had more control in my carves, but Lib magnatraction is the most grippy in my opinion.
BigmountainVMD is offline   Reply With Quote