Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums - View Single Post - Powder resorts?
Thread: Powder resorts?
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 11:40 AM   #64 (permalink)
brucew.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowderMonkey View Post
Powder is more fun to ride and more forgiving if you fall. SAFER. Some of these beginners would learn quickly how much more fun powder is if they simply took the time to learn how to ride it in. It doesn't take long. Like any other skillset. Doesn't matter what color the run is. Lose the ego buddy. Do you get paid to ride? Then you're doing it for fun so buzz off. The idea that pow is only for experts/risk taking adrenaline junkies is laughable. Around here blues and greens are nearly the same anyway. Not much difference between blue and green. A snowboard was BUILT for powder. Much better than ski's in powder. Obviously there's a cultural thing about powder here that like many cultural things doesn't make any sense. Sort of like snowboarders should be banned from ski area's..... Yeah. LOL

Oh and golf course hills aren't long enough for snowboarding and I like a chairlift. It's like a 2 second ride. Fun for a tube, but not snowboarding unfortunately. You're really going to compare nearly a mile long blue/green runs to a golf course hill? Are you kidding me?

I like playing in powder...simple. And I think a few green blue runs should be ungroomed after a fresh dump . Completely reasonable. All of you can go buzz off if you have a problem with that. You think you're all bad ass's riding your blacks. Big deal. You have a hobby. It's kind of juvenile how ridiculous some of you sound. You guys think you're elite. You're not. Just a bunch of arrogant jerks. I never made a personal attack against anyone, just gave an opinion. Yet I was being told to stfu and all this other nonsense. Grow up! Oh and I should add that the blacks are groomed around this area anyway as well so it's kind of a moot point.
brucew. is offline   Reply With Quote